7-14 business days
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Crafted with precision and attention to detail, our Victorian-inspired ‘Diamant’ return address stamp is a true work of art. The intricate design is sure to impress and add a touch of sophistication to your letters, invitations, and cards. The triangular shape of the stamp adds a uniquely vintage twist to your mail, and the custom designed monogram featuring your personalized initials makes it truly one-of-a-kind.
Each stamp is custom made to order, ensuring that it perfectly reflects your personal style. The stamp is made from high-quality materials to ensure long-lasting durability, and the crisp and clear impressions it creates will make your envelopes stand out in the best way possible.
Whether you're sending out wedding invitations, holiday cards, or just want to add a touch of elegance to your everyday correspondence, our Victorian-inspired Diamant return address stamp is the perfect choice. Make a lasting impression with every letter you send, with our beautiful and unique custom designed stamp.
Diamant stamps have even been featured in the New York Times gift giving guide, Wirecutter:
“Blackwater & Sons custom return-address labels are an ode to a bygone age in penmanship. Mimicking traditional Spencerian script, the stamped label dominates the corner of an envelope, a triangular garden of flourishes, curlicues, and serifs. Are they over the top? Assuredly. For someone who has a deep-seated love for classic stationery, it’s an elegant way to mark your letters and packages without needing to take out a fountain pen (or even to learn how to use one). It’s a gift that’s joyously over-the-top, and who knows—maybe it’ll even get folks back in the habit of writing letters to people they care about. Just make sure the recipient isn’t planning on moving anytime soon before you buy it."
—Tim Barribeau, editor at Wirecutter: A New York Times Company
Inspired by the ornate ephemeral documents, precision penmanship, and finely-detailed artistry & craftsmanship of the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, the Blackwater & Sons 'Diamant' return address stamp will certainly make your letter-mail stand out among the stacks of mundane, boring envelopes and half-hearted invitations. Each order begins with your choice of one-of-two available typeset styles [see listing photos], evolving from there as we accommodate your custom information and then meticulously fill the open spaces with ornate flourishes and design elements that will be the envy of anybody receiving your mail. A one- or two-letter monogram is then hand-designed by us and placed into the central element of your design: a scrolling central banner featuring wavy tails and shaded with hand-etched line-work, emulating old world lithographic and intaglio processes down to the smallest details. As a result of this very bespoke customization process, no two Diamant stamps will ever be the same!
There are three options for you to choose from at checkout:
1. Digital file only ($28): When we finish designing your stamp proof (1–3 days), we will send you a .png proof image for you to look over to ensure your information is all correct & that everything looks right. Upon your approval, you may consider the proof file we sent you as final, and you may save it onto your computer to use as needed. If you would like your design as .pdf or other file type (except for design extension types) instead, simply ask us and we will send it over. This option is great if you would prefer to DIY print your design onto envelopes yourself or by a specialty print shop of your choosing. This option also allows for the quickest turnaround. Although our finely crafted rubber stamps can reproduce any fine details when handled properly, you should select this option if you desire a more 'meticulous' and 'perfect' look than a rubber stamp may be capable of consistently producing. This option is for a custom designed *DIGITAL FILE* only.
2. Rubber stamp ONLY ($68): [***Inkpad not included***] Select this option at checkout if you'd prefer your stamp to be expertly cut into fine red rubber, & then skillfully mounted onto a traditional 'hourglass' wood mount with a traditional glossy black handle installed. Stamp measures 4"W x 2.5"H, with the rubber stamp plate filling these dimensions (the top/longest part top of the Diamant design will be apx. 4" horizontally on your envelope). The top of the woodblock will feature your stamp design expertly etched right onto the wood, ensuring that you always know the correct placement & orientation of your stamp from above. Laser-etched at 1000 dpi in eco-friendly 100% renewable resource red rubber. This option is perfect if you wish to place your design on any media of your own choosing (thick envelopes, any paper media, cardboard, and even fabrics!) Just make sure that you have your own inkpad to use with it.
3. Rubber stamp with ink pad ($78): Same as option 2, plus a VersaFine archival pigment ink pad in Onyx Black or Vintage Sepia. In our expert opinion, this inkpad is hands-down the best on the market for using with stamps containing fine details, and the final impression quality is unrivaled by cheaper inkpad manufacturers. The vibrant archival pigment-based inks mean that stamped impressions are both quick-drying (~5-10 seconds) and are waterproof/won't smear once they are completely dry. When it comes to shelf-life, VersaFine archival pigment inkpads are widely considered to be the longest-lasting pigment inkpads available, outlasting other commonly available inkpads by 3 to 5 times! The attached lid is hinged in a way that allows for unimpaired access to the entire pad of ink without your stamp being restricted by the sides of the case (a common problem encountered with other inkpads), & the hinged feature also allows for easy one-handed opening and closing of the inkpad, entirely preventing the all-too-common mistake of a dried-out inkpad as a result of a misplaced or neglected lid. VersaFine uses oil-based pigment inks that work well alongside watercolor paints and markers. Recommended for use on uncoated papers/media. VersaFine inks are light-fast and fade resistant, easily replicating fine lines and details. The interior pad itself measures 1 7/8" W by 3" L, the outer case measures 2 5/8" W by 3 3/4" L, and the overall height of the closed inkpad is 0.8125" tall.
When checking out, be sure to select one of the four options from the drop-down box. Then, fill out the personalization box with the following required information (customers not making their purchase through the Etsy platform may not see the personalization box, so simply include this information in the 'notes' section at checkout, or send us a message alongside your order with the following information):
1. Desired name and address to be included on your stamp
2. Desired monogram letters (1–2 letters maximum)
3. Desired 'Typeset' style (Optional – we will decide if not specified)
4. Desired inkpad color, if applicable (Onyx Black or Vintage Sepia)
Your label or stamp will be completed with our standard flourishes [see listing photos] filling the negative space around your custom information. However, if you would like us to use a specific type of flower or other *simple* illustration instead, just mention this and we'll see what we can come up with. Note that any custom illustration work *will* invariably delay the proofing process and ultimately push back your order, though, so if you are on a time-crunch we suggest opting for our standard flourishes. If you would prefer a graphic image or your existing logo in the center circle (instead of a monogram), simply let us know in the personalization box or in your message when you are checking out, and we'll either do what we can to incorporate it or will let you know why we are unable to fulfill your request.
Please understand that excessive requests for edits/alterations creates a domino effect on our end and limits our ability to complete *all* active orders in a timely manner. Having said that, there is no limit to the number of proofs we will send you until you are pleased, as your complete satisfaction is our ultimate goal!
Typically, you can expect to receive *digital file* orders within 1–5 business days, and rubber stamps within 1–2 weeks from the date of purchase. However, it is entirely up to you as the customer to approve the proof we send you, and failing to approve your proof will inevitably force an extension on your expected ship & delivery dates. Additionally, once your order is turned over to the U.S. Postal Service (you will be notified by email with tracking number when it ships), we have no further control over internal postal delays and/or re-routing & clerical errors, so, please plan for no more than ***three weeks*** in total between the order date and the delivery date. We cannot be held liable for poor/late planning or delayed wedding invitations, for instance, if three weeks is not enough time for you.
IMPORTANT --- PLEASE NOTE:
- Unless otherwise discussed & agreed upon, we cannot cancel or refund an order once we have designed your stamp and sent you a proof, and/or once your stamp has been entered into the production queue.
- It is necessary for you to approve your proof design (typically via Etsy messaging and/or email). We cannot complete your order if you do not communicate with us, so please be on the lookout for our correspondence or else you risk your order being pushed back in the queue, ultimately delaying your stamp from shipping out 'on time.'
- Please understand that excessive requests for edits/alterations creates a domino effect on our end and limits our ability to complete orders in a timely manner. Having said that, there is no limit to the number of proofs we will send you until you are pleased, as your complete satisfaction is our ultimate goal!
- Once your approval is given, your design is considered *FINAL* and no further alterations may be requested -- for reasons we deem obvious. Please ensure that your stamp proof displays your correct information and appears otherwise satisfactory to you.
- If you do not provide any personalization info with your order, and we attempt to contact you for clarification (*prior to sending you a proof*), but do not hear back from you within one week of your order date, we will cancel the order & issue you a full refund for your charges paid.
- Woodblock measures 4" L by 3" W, with the rubber stamp plate filling these dimensions (the top/longest part top of the Diamant design will be apx. 4" on your envelope). If you plan to use this stamp on A2, A6, #6 1/2, #6 3/4, Donation, or Remittance sized envelopes, be aware that this stamp will take up approximately half of the envelope, and that the stamp is not re-scalable one produced. The stamp *will* fit onto the majority of A-Style, Commercial, Catalogue and Booklet envelopes (including the smaller sized envelopes mentioned above) but you may have to get somewhat creative in addressing & placing postage stamps onto your envelopes if you choose to buy the smallest envelope sizes available. We are not responsible for any potential customer dissatisfaction based on the size of this stamp on the customer's personal envelopes.
- If we send your proof to you for approval and do not hear back from you within ***three (3) days***, we will submit your order for cancellation and issue you a refund MINUS a 30% renumeration fee for our completed labor in designing your stamp, attempting to contact you, and for the preparation & mailing to you of our traditional itemized billhead & mindful stamping guide.
- We will not send customers any file extension type that may be compatible with design editing software (.ai, .eps, .psd, etc.), as our designs are protected by *copyright*. As such: any third-party editing, altering, tailoring, reformatting, customizing, redistributing, and/or reselling of our design(s) is strictly prohibited by law, and any one or more of these actions will result in the pursuit and prosecution of the offending party(ies).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!
7-14 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 5 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Sep 21, 2023
I am absolutely thrilled with this beautiful stamp! The stamp itself is lovely, good quality and beyond expectation. But the added touch of the beautiful invoice & letter that are sent ahead of the stamp, to explain the use & care of your stamp elevate the whole buying experience to the next level. It felt decadent & luxurious with a hint of time travel. Absolutely will be purchasing more stamps as gifts. Cannot recommend this seller highly enough!
Sep 20, 2023
The highest quality and best customer service! I love it so much! Will be ordering again when we move soon!
Sep 15, 2023
I initially saw this on Pinterest (I think) found it on Etsy, and ordered one for myself. I was super impressed with the quality and care (emails back and forth to make sure I was getting what I wanted), that I ordered one for my mother for her birthday. More care and emails ensuring I was getting what I wanted, IN TIME for her birthday. I asked for the paperwork to be sent directly to them, as my father was in the printing business before he was in the paper business and knew he would appreciate both. Sure enough, he was really impressed with the hand writing (calligraphy), paper and story. My mother sent me this: “ I forgot to thank you for the beautiful fancy stamp! I’ll need a little practice getting it perfect but once accomplished it will be special!!! Thank you!” I highly recommend this vendor and product!!
Sep 14, 2023
This went way above my expectations and I’m so excited for this year’s holiday season! Beautiful work and well worth the wait! Thank you so much!!! ✨✨✨✨✨
Sep 12, 2023
I recently had the pleasure of working with Mr. Daniel Myers, the talented graphic designer at Blackwater and Sons, and I couldn't be happier. I ordered a return address stamp, and it exceeded my expectations. The stamp itself is a work of art. The heritage Spencerian script is evident in every elegant swirl and curve, giving it a timeless and classic feel. The attention to detail is remarkable. The high quality ink pad that came with it is a game-changer. It produces crisp, clean impressions every time, and the hue of the ink is deep and rich. When I received my order, I was pleasantly surprised by the old-fashioned receipt that accompanied it. It felt like receiving a letter from another age, adding a charming and personal touch to the whole experience. Working with Myers and Blackwater and Sons was a delight.