"Blackwater & Sons custom return-address labels are an ode to a bygone age in penmanship. Mimicking traditional Spencerian script, the stamped label dominates the corner of an envelope, a triangular garden of flourishes, curlicues, and serifs. Are they over the top? Assuredly. For someone who has a deep-seated love for classic stationery, it’s an elegant way to mark your letters and packages without needing to take out a fountain pen (or even to learn how to use one). It’s a gift that’s joyously over-the-top, and who knows—maybe it’ll even get folks back in the habit of writing letters to people they care about. Just make sure the recipient isn’t planning on moving anytime soon before you buy it."
—Tim Barribeau, editor at Wirecutter: A New York Times Company
Inspired by the ornate ephemera, precision penmanship, and highly-detailed artistry & craftsmanship of the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, a Diamant return address label certainly stands out among the more mundane variety of 'personalization' found in any mailbox today. Each Diamant design begins with your choice of one-of-two available typeset styles [see listing photos], and evolves from there as we accommodate your custom text and then fill the open spaces created by the same with ornate flourishes and design elements. A one- or two-letter monogram is then custom-made to your specifications and placed into the central element of your design: a scrolling banner featuring tails that are shaded with crosshatched line-work. As a result of this very personalized process—and not considering your specific name and text here—no two stamps will ever be the same!
There are four options for you to choose from at checkout:
1. Digital file only ($28): Upon completion of your custom return address graphic (1–5 days), we will send you a digital proof to ensure your satisfaction. If approved, the high quality graphic will be sent to you as a PDF. You may then print your custom label onto envelopes yourself or have it printed by a specialty print shop. This option allows for the quickest turnaround. **This option is for a custom, graphically-designed PDF (or other requested extension) file only! This is the default item purchased if you do not select a below variation when you check out**
2. Professionally-printed A7 Euro flap envelopes (25 for $32): Your custom graphic will be made to order, and will then be professionally-printed onto high quality A7 Euro flap envelopes (same ones as shown in the example photos containing typewritten recipients). With this option, you will also receive a digital proof, as well as a high-quality PDF file of your graphic, with which you may use to print onto more envelopes in the future if you wish. These envelopes are standard A7 size (5 1/4" x 7 1/4") and are made out of 'warm white felt' specialty paper which is rated at 80lbs., ensuring that even your wettest fountain pen inks won't bleed through or feather. We have partnered with PaperandMore.com to bring you this option.
3. Rubber stamp ONLY ($68): [*Ink pad required separately*] If you prefer your return address label to be made into a wood-mount rubber stamp, select this option at check out. You will also receive the high quality PDF graphic upon your approval of the digital proof, which you can use to print onto envelopes if you desire a more 'meticulous' look than a rubber stamp is capable of producing – although these red rubber stamps are pretty great at reproducing the fine details of this design if you are patient and utilize good stamping techniques. We have partnered with RubberStamps.net to bring you this option.
4. Rubber stamp with ink pad ($74): Same as option 3, but includes a ColorBox archival pigment ink pad in either black or Sailboat navy blue (shown in 'freshly-stamped' listing photo).
When checking out, be sure to select one of the four options from the drop-down box. Then, fill out the personalization box with the following required information (customers not making their purchase through Etsy may not see the personalization box, so simply include this information in the 'notes' section during checkout, or send us a message alongside your order):
1. Desired name and address to be included on your stamp
2. Desired monogram letters (1–2 letters maximum)
3. Desired 'Typeset' style (Optional–we will decide if not specified)
Your label or stamp will be completed with our standard flourishes [see listing photos] filling the empty spaces around your text. However, if you would like us to use a specific type of flower or other *simple* illustration instead, just mention this and we'll see what we can come up with. Note that any custom illustration work *will* invariably delay the proofing process and ultimately push back your order, though, so if you are on a time crunch we suggest going with our standard flourishes. If you would prefer a graphic image or an existing logo in the center circle (instead of a monogram), simply let us know in the personalization box or in your message when you are checking out, and we'll do what we can to incorporate it or let you know why we are unable to. There is no limit to the number of proofs we will send you until you are pleased, as your complete satisfaction is the ultimate goal here.
Typically, you can expect to receive your custom digital graphic within 1–5 business days, or your envelopes or stamp within 1–2 weeks from the date of purchase. However, we have no control over how quickly you respond to us or approve your digital proof, nor over shipping delays and post office errors, so please plan for no more than *three weeks* between ordering and receiving your envelopes or rubber stamp. We cannot be held liable for poor planning or late wedding invitations, for example, if three weeks does not work for you.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon—and for reasons we deem to be obvious—we cannot cancel or issue a full refund for any purchases after sending you a digital proof.
- We cannot fulfill any orders without establishing a line of correspondence with you (typically via Etsy messaging and/or email), as this is necessary for you to request alterations and *approve your digital proof* (we are unable to fulfill your order without your approval of your proof design). Your approval is considered final, so please ensure your stamp is to your specifications, as we cannot cancel or refund an order once your stamp has entered production.
- If you do not provide any personalization instructions with your order, and we attempt to contact but do not hear back from you within one week of your order date, we will submit your order for cancellation and issue you a full refund for your charges paid. However, ***if we send you a proof*** and then do not hear back from you within one week's time, we will submit your order for cancellation and issue you a refund for your charges MINUS a 30% renumeration fee for the time and effort we made in designing your stamp, attempting to contact you, and for preparing & mailing your included order documents.
Thank you for understanding our reasoning behind these necessary stipulations.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us. Thanks for visiting! :)
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 5 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Apr 3, 2020
Beautiful unique custom design,& remarkably quick international delivery
Jan 25, 2020
Dec 10, 2019
I absolutely love my stamp! It’s so so beautiful. The detail is so tiny and perfect. It came beautifully packaged and quickly. The seller is fast to respond and very helpful. Totally worth the money. I’m going to buy another for a friend for her birthday!
Sep 22, 2019
I just love this stamp!
Aug 12, 2019
I love my return address stamp. The custom touches makes this so meaningful for me. One of my favorite shops on Etsy!